TITLEACCOUNTING OFFICER – ACCOUNTS PAYABLES (LEVEL 4)CATEGORIESACCOUNTING OFFICER (ACCOUNTS PAYABLE) – LEVEL 4SALARY[Salary Scale: $1,297,362 – $1,545,821 p.a., plus relevant allowances, if applicable]START DATE27/11/2019END DATE06/12/2019LOCATIONKingstonJOB INFORMATION
- To accurately process, verify and reconcile invoices for payment and the maintenance of the vendor account.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES:
- File withholding tax certificates (WTSS, Levy, GCT) monthly with Tax Administration of Jamaica (TAJ)
- Process payment for vendors through cheques and online payments while adhering to GOJ guidelines
- Check the accuracy of invoices and other documents processed
- Post all batches to the accounts payable sub-ledger
- Prepare and analyse accounts payable reports to determine corrective action
- Processing incoming invoices and other documents in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Reconciliation of supplier statement to ensure the accuracy of vendor account
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of invoices/receipts
- Prepare withholding tax certificate (WTSS, GCT, Levy)
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all payment such as cheques, wires and draft.
KEY COMPETENCIES – The post holder needs to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Training and experience in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel Application.
- Knowledge in Great Plains software or any other accounting software.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be flexible, able to function well under pressure and meet deadlines with sufficient speed and accuracy.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- Willingness to abide by the rules and regulations of the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience:
- ACCA Level 1 or equivalent
- Experience – minimum of two years
Director, Human Resources
If you believe you possess the above qualities and a strong desire to help the Agency fulfill its mandate, you are invited to visit our website at http://picaweb/picajobsite for details
Submission of applications accompanied by detailed resume including the names of two (2) references should be submitted via the web to: Director, Human Resources
Passport Immigration & Citizenship Agency, 8 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10
NO LATER THAN
December 6th 2019
No hand delivered application will be accepted
We appreciate your interest in these positions; however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted .