View all 188 Jobs
Job vacancy Administrative Assistant
View all 188 Jobs
Sagicor Life Jamaica Ltd.
Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our New Business team in the capacity of,
The selected candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Assistant Vice President, at a level that will enhance the effective operation of the New Business, Underwriting and Paramed Departments and the achievement of the goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform secretarial and administrative functions for the AVP for the New Business, Underwriting & Paramedic Department. This includes; providing administrative support to the Manager/Assistant Managers in the day to day activities of the various units.
- Receive, screen and forward incoming calls as appropriate, and make outgoing calls per the AVP/Departments’ request where applicable; Coordinate local/overseas travel arrangements; Organize departmental and management meetings/functions and prepare minutes; Draft correspondence for review by AVP et al;
- Maintain a proper filing system; Assist in keeping the Department’s procedural manual up-to-date; Log and track outstanding matters requiring the AVP’s attention; Monitor and maintain Department’s stationery supplies.
- Prepare the departmental activity report for submission to the Assistant Vice President; Collate monthly reports using data from Unit Reports submissions; Submit weekly reports; Prepare monthly Attendance/Leave Summary Report for submission to the Human Resource Department;
- Submit Leave Requisition forms to the Human Resource Department; Prepare registers for the department.
- Prepare NBUP Departmental monthly activity report for submission to the Assistant Vice President.
- Prepare and dispatch medicals to doctors; Prepare letters for Underwriting Manager’s signature; Dispatch medicals to doctors by mail or email; File copies of letters dispatched to medical doctors.
- Prepare and dispatch Postpone/Decline Letters; Prepare letters for Underwriting Manager’s signature; Prepare memo and dispatch letters accompanied by cheque to branches and letters without cheques to clients.
- Dispatch copies of letters to the Records Management Department for filing
- Prepare and dispatch exclusion clauses: Prepare Exclusion Clauses as requested by the Underwriting Department; Dispatch exclusion clauses as instructed by Underwriters.
- Return Incomplete Medical Reports to Medical Examiner for completion and follow-up; Return Incomplete Medicals to doctor as requested by the Underwriting Department; Follow-up as necessary to have report completed and returned to Underwriter.
- Prepare Approval/Rejection/Responses to applications for addition to Underwriting Panel of Doctors; Prepare letter of approval/rejection for addition to the Underwriting Panel of Doctors listing for signature by Chief Medical Officer; Dispatch letter and accompanying documents to doctors; Update Panel of Doctors Listing as required; Prepare advisory for changes to the Panel for dissemination.
- Assist in requesting Inspection/ Business Reports from the Inspection Company.
- Assist in budget preparation and review for expense management.
- Preparation of Memorandum requesting reimbursement for the New Business, Underwriting and Paramedic Departments.
- Make arrangements for Department members to attend conferences and seminars.
- Maintain the Motor Car Expense file for the Assistant Vice President and Chief Underwriter.
- Update job descriptions for the New Business, Underwriting and Paramedic Departments, as well as branches, as necessary.
- Create/Amend Application Forms. and Questionnaires as the need arises.
- Prepare and dispatch fee requisitions and renewal letters for magazine and association membership for staff in the Department.
- Handle all the processing of incoming bills to be processed by Corporate Accounts.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or an equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- LOMA (Parts 1 & 2).
- Two (2) years’ experience in a secretarial position.
- Basic knowledge of Life Insurance Operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to type fifty (50) words per minute.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills and a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- High degree of interpersonal skills including tact and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of office procedures, record and file management.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in computer software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application via this career portal no later than Friday September 25, 2020.
While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs