View all 188 Jobs
Job vacancy Branch Administration Assistant
View all 188 Jobs
Sagicor Life Jamaica Ltd.
Branch Administration Assistant
Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Branch Administration team in the capacity of,
Branch Administration Assistant (Contract)
The selected candidate will be responsible for collect over-the-counter payments and assist with the processing of cheques received by mail (including foreign payments).
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Collect over-the-counter payments for life insurance policies, mortgage and other miscellaneous payments; Update clients’ records with payments received;
- Identify anomalies associated with policies being credited as well as the payment of mortgage accounts and take steps to correct these accounts;
- Recommend policies for revival without forms (RWOF) within established Company guidelines once all outstanding premiums have been paid; Assist with the processing of cheques received by mail, including foreign payments, by:
- Searching policy records for names, policy numbers and other related information to ensure accurate allocation; Recording policy numbers on the back of cheques and updating policy records with payments
- Preparing bank lodgements and batch reports for verification by the Supervisor.
- Balance the daily Batch Reports with receipts produced by; Preparing documents and cash/cheques for submission to the Bank;
- Advising Supervisor of any shortage or excess payment collected; Clearly identifying and documenting the float and other amounts not lodged to the bank account, before cash pans are locked in the safe.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Minimum of Six CXC/GCE passes inclusive of English Language Mathematics Certificate in Business Administration or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- LOMA – Parts 1 and 2, or other industry-related designation.
- One (1) year’s work experience in the operations division of a life insurance company.
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including wordprocessing and spreadsheet applications.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good human relations and time-management skills.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application via this career portal no later than August 14, 2020.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs